Travel Vaccinationsglobal air travel

Holiday booked, sun cream bought, new clothes—ready to go?

Don’t forget you may need travel vaccinations and/or malaria tablets.

The Practice is unfortunately no longer able to provide a travel advice service to you but you must make sure that you do seek advice,

preferably at least 8 weeks before you are ready to travel.


What To Do Now

 · Seek advice from—general guidance on what you may need before travelling and how to stay healthy abroad.

 · If you are unsure of which vaccinations you have received before we can provide details of these but require 3 working days notice to do so.

· Contact a private travel clinic if you need vaccinations and anti-malarial tablets—some local companies are listed below and others can be sourced via the internet.

· Order your free EHIC card if travelling within the EU and remember to take it with you – see overleaf.

 If you are advised that you need the following:-




  Hepatitis A


Please contact the surgery. Written proof of requirements is necessary. We can provide these, but only these vaccinations, free of charge. Any other requirements need to be obtained from the private clinic.

Alternative Travel clinics:

Information correct at 1/6/16. No endorsement is intended—other clinics are also available.


Regional Infectious Diseases Unit (RIDU), Ward 41 OPD,

Western General Hospital,


0131 537 2822


Fife Travel Clinic, Kirkcaldy

01592 362133


Fife Global Travel Centre,


01592 743639


Superdrug Travel Clinic,  

Wellgate, Dundee

03 333 111 007

Useful Websites:

Lots of information on what may be required for many countries of the world. Also general travel health advice, alerts, news etc

If travelling within the EU make sure you order your EHIC card (European Health Insurance Card) before you go. This is the official website and you do not have to pay for the card.


There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below

Europe Europe & Russia North America North America
Central America Central America South America South America
Caribbean Caribbean Africa Africa
Middle East Middle East Central Asia Central Asia
East Asia East Asia Australasia Australasia and Pacific


Travelling in Europe

If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website